How can Compost-A-Mats clear up scouring litters?
For more info click here
- Upon identifying scouring piglets, place a Compost-A-Mat directly under a heat lamp in the farrowing crate.
- This will create a clean and warm area for piglets to dry up and help overall farrowing house performance.
- The Compost-A-Mat should remain in the crate for seven days or until piglets have stopped scouring.
- At this point, the Compost-A-Mat will contain fecal material and can be broken down for feedback.
Newport Laboratories is excited to offer ParaSail®, the swine industry's first avirulent live, single-dose vaccine for Haemophilus parasuis.
Available exclusively through veterinarians, ParaSail® is backed by more than five years of research and development. In field safety studies conducted at three independent farms, pigs vaccinated with ParaSail were free from adverse reactions 99.345% of the time.
The USDA has approved ParaSail for use as a single-dose product in pigs 21 days of age or over, with a 1mL intramuscular dose size.
H. parasuis continues to become more and more prevalent in U.S. swine herds. The most recent report from the USDA National Animal Health Monitoring System (NAHMS) revealed that the incidence of H. parasuis is on the rise, with a 230% increase in nursery pig incidence and a 340% increase in grower/finisher pig incidence from 2000 to 2006.
For more information visit www.parasailprotection.com
Circumvent PCV M is the only ready-to-use vaccine that protects against circovirus and mycoplasma. Welcome to a new day and a new gold standard.
To learn more visit
Talk to your veterinarian about
Circumvent PCV M.
• Swine Smart Farm Benchmarking
• Swine Smart Farm In-depth Analysis
• Farm consulting and training
• Classroom employee training
• Financial analysis and benchmarking
• Business plan and cash flow development
• Production and financial data processing
• TQA and PQA Plus certification and site assessment
For more information contact us at: www.swinems.com or call (402) 727-6600.
Banminth® prevents migration of ascarid larvae before they cause liver and lung damage. Banminth also prevents and controls parasitic nodular worms in pigs. A truly versatile anthelmintic with a wide margin of safety, it can be fed to swine of all ages, including growing pigs, gilts, pregnant sows and boars.
To learn more
With SIV, you need a vaccine formulated with precision to combat the current strains. Yesterday's "hot" strains are old news today, yet those are the "latest defense" available in today's commercial products. Newport Laboratories has the technology and capabilities to keep you armed with the most current SIV vaccine formulations available on the market today.
For more information visit www.newportlabs.com.
The Iowa Pork Producers Association will host the 2012 Iowa Pork Congress Jan. 25-26 at the Iowa Events Center in Des Moines! The event features more than 300 tradeshow exhibitors, top-notch seminars, youth activities, social events and outstanding networking opportunities. Plan to attend the 2012 Iowa Pork Congress!
For more information visit